Like I mentioned here, I attended the media preview for one of the new Ottawa Target stores this morning. There are three brand new stores opening bright and early at 8am tomorrow and they certainly are getting a lot of hype! I'm here to assure you that you will not, in any way, be disappointed and that the hype is not at all setting them up for failure; I was very pleased with what I saw today. Man, that store is cool.
I have a few facts to share, but since you're all here to see what is in store for you, I won't waste any time. Our tour today was led by Mr. John Morioka - Target Canada's Senior Vice President of Merchandising and Lisa Gibson for Target Public Relations. Let's take you on the same tour of the store that I took today -
|My Old Navy Rockstar and Frye Paige selfie in the sign. I hope I looked slick enough to fit in!|
|John Morioka addresses the group.|
|The Red Card program can be seen here. See below for further details.|
|Self-Checkout cashes are being rolled out in Canada. This is a new initiative for Target.|
|Big, bright and tons of room to move.|
|The party shop. There is literally so much here to make any type of party a special one.|
|TOTALLY on point Nate Berkus collection. I spy a few things I want.|
|Cloth diapering mamas? I've been using Nature Clean for quite some time now (Mini-Mister is allergic to Nelly's) and it's great!|
|An incredibly well stocked grocery section.|
|Beaver Canoe for Target that I told you about the other day. It's just as nice in person!|
|Archer Farms flavoured coffees are something we always pick up across the border. This is going to be a much easier way to try them all! I learned today that the chips are pretty awesome too, so I'll be trying those in short order.|
|The seasonal section. Halloween for now, but Christmas is just around the corner (quite literally actually... see?)!|
|Toddler and dog Halloween costumes - literally something for every variety of mama!|
|A well stocked baby section that is all together and easy to navigate, no heading to the grocery section for diapers (because, why would you?)!|
(oh and I'll be buying several of those hats)
|...and WAY more toys. It's all here. All of it.|
|There are some great and affordable clothing options for all the littles in your lives.|
|Do you have a girl? BUY THESE COATS! Holy cute!|
|I want to buy all of these books for the Mini-Mister. There are so many that I remember as a child!|
|A well stocked electronics section. Bell and Rogers are the main mobile providers with some of their branch companies as well.|
|3.1 Phillip Lim for the men in our lives.|
|The maternity section (because finding cute maternity clothes in Canada before now was horrendous).|
|3.1 Phillip Lim for |
|Cute little shoes!|
|Cute bigger shoes! |
(except the sneaker wedges, those just aren't my bag)
|Accessories. (I'm not sure if I missed some, or if this section was a bit small.)|
|Q&A and a farewell.|
What a great experience!
I'm so very, very excited to actually get the opportunity to shop. I hope, that when I do get there someone has actually left something from the 3.1 collection for me.
Some facts that I thought would be most important to my readers -
- Target's initiative in Canada should result in approximately 20,000 jobs, including about 150 per store.
- Target will price match with other store's flyers + they have a great 'Red Card' program which means an extra 5% off your purchase whenever you use the card, no strings attached. There are no charge credit or debit card options for this program.
- They are still formulating Black Friday plans, but they will not necessarily be what can be found in the US just because they are an American company. This is still something that (while retailers are starting to participate in here) is catering more to those south of the border given the Thanksgiving holiday.
- There will certainly be price differences with the US stores. As I mentioned in my post the other day, this is not a retailer specific thing but a by-product of our economy. Target Canada's prices will be competitive with our market and savings will be brought in wherever possible. An exciting example of this is the US pricing on the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection (as if it needed to be made more desirable)!
- There is a competitive 90 day return policy.
Target Canada is poised to bring the Canadian market trendy, affordable, and totally on point items to add to all facets of our lives - our closets, our homes, our social interactions, and our health and well-being. I, for one, cannot wait to make this a regular shopping destination (without having to cross the border). I also can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks! Please don't hesitate to let me know!