So here is the story; when we returned from Martinique I was most certainly behind on the blog and it took me some time to catch up but all the while I kept taking my daily photos. Usually my photos were taken with the DSLR or at the very least our point and shoot but on certain occasions I took them on my Blackberry because; 1) I was out and didn't have one of the other cameras 2) it was more suitable for the subject or 3) it was just easier. The problem you see, is with those Blackberry shots. I still had an older Bold that had a trackball. I was warned when I first got it that any kind of cream or dirt, yadda, yadda, yadda, could muck it up and cause problems, sure, gotcha. Can you guess what happened to my trackball? Yup, it upped and quit on me one day this summer or fall (I honestly can't remember anymore). I followed all the instructions that I could find on how to disassemble my phone and clean it, ever so delicately, in order to get it back on it's feet but no, it didn't work. At some point between when my trackball quit and the last (of many) times that I disassembled my phone, I lost a bunch of blackberry pictures. :( You know the ones, the ones I needed for my project. Damn. Like I said before, I tried to salvage things by trying to piece together other things that I had taken but I would rather start over and do it properly, maybe, you know... if I have the time. So needless to say, I never did (or will) catch up.
The theoretical 'straw that broke the camel's back' in this case was when, through all my scrambling I realized that I didn't have a sliver of the energy I usually did (which, take it from me, isn't much to begin with). It's really difficult to find the motivation to continue (salvage) something that requires so much effort, when you are severely lacking in the 'awake' department. As much work as it was though, I did enjoy the project overall. I will do some incarnation of it again, and soon.
Fear not readers! I have done many things (through slits for eyes) over the last couple months and have taken a bunch of pictures (both on cameras AND on my new Bold :P), so I will have a bunch of things to share in the coming weeks, regardless of project 365's demise. Also, we're working on another project that will surely provide plenty of fodder for my little blog; we're working on our very own baby! Well I guess I mostly am, but the mister has been extremely supportive so he's been very busy too (because I am one hell of a handful)! We found out in August, which is why by September I was a zombie and sick to top it off, but that has since let up (the sick, not the zombie, though I do feel a bit more normal - whatever that means). We're over half way now, at 22 weeks and are on track for a due date of April 9th!
So that's that really. My full confessional about why I'm having to drop out of project 365 and my exciting news that will hopefully make up for it! I haven't been cooking as much lately (I'm being taken care of) but would like to get back into that very soon. Also, stay tuned over the next little bit when I'll get you up to speed on some projects that I've been working on since the summer. I've completed (or almost completed) a bunch of refinishing projects; a desk and chair for the spare bedroom, a dresser which is being used as a buffet in the dining room, and the most recent beast that was hogging the garage; a hutch that is also now in our dining room! The mister has said no more for awhile because I'm tired and the snow is here, so the garage is for the truck not spray painting!